Waste Management will service your community on the regular schedule this month. While we encourage everyone to celebrate Earth Day, there are no holiday delays in April.
At Waste Management, every day is Earth Day. Join us in making this a year-round reality by recycling the right way.
- Recycle clean bottles, cans, paper and cardboard.
- Keep food and liquid out of your recycling – they ruin good recyclable materials.
- Do not bag recyclables or put plastic bags or film in with your recycling – they jam our machines and bring operations to a halt.
When you recycle the right way, you ensure that materials are sent to their next best use and that we preserve our valuable resources.
- Recycle 10 empty plastic water bottles and you’ve provided enough material for a new t-shirt.
- Put an empty aluminum can in your recycling cart today and it could be back on the shelf as a new can in just 60 days.
- The empty steel can that held tomato sauce for last night’s dinner may be recycled into rebar for a new building.
Recycling saves materials needed to create new consumer products. It also saves energy and water used in manufacturing and reduces related emissions. Recycling is great for individuals and for the environment! Find more information and free educational resources at RecycleOftenRecycleRight.com.
Thank you for Thinking Green with Waste Management!